Thursday, May 10, 2018 2 – 3pm EST
Heather Engel, Sera-Brynn’s Chief Strategy Officer will discuss the challenges colleges and universities face as they attempt to secure their cyber infrastructure to comply with new federal regulations as a condition of receiving research grants.
Sera-Brynn is a top 10 global cybersecurity compliance firm.
“Most don’t think of colleges and universities as federal contractors, but when it comes to new federal regulations, they would be,” says Engel of Sera-Brynn. “While these regulations are just coming into effect and haven’t been enforced, they could be in the near future and the result might be lost research dollars for academics.”
The Webinar will specifically address:
- Potential impact acquisition rules will have on cybersecurity programs throughout institutions of higher learning
- Insight into how to map overlapping compliance needs, including those driven by GLBA, DOE, DFARS, FAR, GDPR, ISO 27000 and others
- Steps colleges and universities can take immediately to interpret and implement controls
- Current and emerging regulations as they apply to securing student personal information (including military, DoD Civilian and veteran students), health care data, financial aid information and research performed under agreements with government agencies
- Practical insights from experienced cybersecurity experts on how NIST controls are being applied in educational environments right now.
About Sera-Brynn: Sera-Brynn is a Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor and FedRAMP Third Party Assessment Organization (3PAO) specializing in cyber risk management. Offering compliance and risk assessment, risk control, and incident response services, Sera-Brynn empowers clients to manage cyber risk and meet applicable and mandatory cybersecurity regulatory standards. Founded in 2011 by former members of the U.S. intelligence community, Sera-Brynn is ranked #9 worldwide on the Cybersecurity 500 list.
For more information or if you would like us to speak to your organization directly please contact:
Jeff Tyer, Director of Business Development