03.06.2018 11:00am — 03.06.2018 12:00pm
The complexity of operations, research and compliance mandates in higher education presents unique challenges in securing information systems. Cybersecurity compliance affects everything from the handling of student data to the use of cloud services and supply chain management.
Join us with featured guest Heather Engel, CSO at Sera-Brynn, a FedRAMP 3PAO, as we address:
- The potential impact acquisition rules will have on your cybersecurity program
- Insight into how to map overlapping compliance needs, including those driven by GLBA, DOE, DFARS, FAR, GDPR, ISO 27000 and others
- Steps you can take immediately to interpret and implement controls
- A brief update on current and emerging regulations as they apply to securing student personal information (including military, DoD Civilian and veteran students), health care data, financial aid information and research performed under agreements with government agencies
- Gain practical insight from experienced cybersecurity and legal resources on how NIST controls are being applied in educational environments right now.
Chief Strategy Officer
Anthony H. Anikeeff
Partner & Co-Chair, Government Contracts Practice
Robert Van Arnam
Partner & Co-Chair, Data Protection & Cybersecurity Practice